Wednesday, March 11, 2015

No more red lights? Only green lights?

No more red lights? Only green lights?

This morning I was running late for work, but since I have some flexibility in that and it was foggy I decided to go the longer way by the main highways.

This meant stop light. Pesky things. Sometimes it seems you hit everyone. I was in no rush so it didn't bother me. Out I noticed some of the other drivers becoming irate as we hit every stop light.

That's when I heard God say " no more red lights. Only green". So I immediately took the time to meditate on this.

Jesus was constantly moving. Preach to 5000 and slip away to the other side after. Constantly telling his disciples "come let us go". The Ark of the Covenant was to always have the staves in place so it could be moved. Paul was always moving from place to place. In fact Jesus gave the great commission that told us to go.

So why do we always want to find a church to call home. Why are we so sedentary in our ministries and our patterns.

Certainly not everyone is called to be a traveling evangelist or an overseas missionary. I am also not discounting having a strong home base. However all of us should be moving in our walk with Jesus. In so producing change in what our ministry looks like. Whether member or leader there should be constant green lights.

Moving allows us to take the gospel to places it has not been. That may be the shop around the corner, the person who hears a new song that changes there direction, or going to a new location to spread the word and work of Christ.

Whoever you are and wherever your going there are no red lights needed. Keep moving forward.




- MZG

No comments:

Post a Comment