Sunday, March 15, 2015

I want leftovers, you should too

As I was reading the story of the loaves and fishes I realized Jesus could have fed them with anything. He did not have to have the boys bread and fish.

I also realized he knew exactly how much food would be needed. So why was there leftovers. See the scripture below.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.
John 6:12-13

Then it hit me. There is a principle of God's nature in this miracle that Jesus performed. All we have is his yet he allows us to posses it through free will. He then asks for us to give it back. When we do he blesses it and it multiplies as it is being used. The leftovers are many times more than what was began with.

What I want is some of God's leftovers. I want to take what he has given to me and give it back. I want to marvel as he uses it. I want to see the piles of blessing left afterwards.

I hope you want leftovers too.


- MZG

No comments:

Post a Comment