Friday, March 13, 2015

Are you like a child?

As I was watching my son play I begin to think of the things of God.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." 1st Corinthians 13:11

Children are happy with what is being handed them. When the child begins to fuss hand them something, bottle or keys, toy or hair tie, whatever is fine. This soothes them for a minute, then they fuss and need something else handed to them.

As the child grows they begin to stretch, reaching for what they want, moving forward even. In fact that is what encourages them to learn to crawl and walk.

God continues to show me how we must constantly be moving forward. As we grow we become less content with just what the pastor or church hands us. We begin to dig in the word and find what God has to say. The we begin to move forward, sharing God with others.

The child does not stop taking what is handed them though. And likewise regardless of how much we go and get ourselves we still need the teaching and preaching from our local church.

It's amazing what God will show you if you will listen.




- MZG

1 comment:

  1. True. I think too many Christians don't bother to think critically about the Word or what they hear in church. Loving God with all your mind means committing your mental capacity to Him. There's no excuse for a lazy Christian!

    ReplyDelete