Thursday, October 30, 2014

What I have learned in seminary

What I have learned in seminary thus far:
1. I have poor sentence construction
2. I have a pastoring heart which leads me to believe the Bible as fact; this does not bode well for my scores in writing academic papers.
3. I now know what exegetical means, but no one cares.
4. Footnotes are just a way of killing trees and unless you’re a professor no one uses them.
5. No one in school is excited about school.
 6. You will not use half the books you buy.

Here is what I have learned (not in seminary) that is of value. I learned this from living daily what I believe.
1. Jesus is awesome, and no one learns that from good sentence structure, they learn that from experience and excitement.
2. Knowing the historical accuracies of the Old Testament will never convince a person like a heartfelt testimony. Be honest and share what God has done for you.
3. Discipleship and Mentoring is biblically the way to educate people, make sure you are plugged in where this is happening. A degree is just a piece of paper.
4. The only book you need is a Bible.
5. Love cannot be taught.
6. Grace does not require a student loan.

 Hope this helps someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment