Sunday, October 5, 2014

3 things someone needs to hear



    This week 3 things have crossed my plate that I will share my thoughts on, take them for what they are worth. I share in the hopes that someone will realize what I have. Most of the things we have to complain about are of our own making. See below:

     I hear people say a lot of the time that we have taken God from schools. If we have then it is only because as parents we have not taught our kids about God. There is nothing that prevents your seven year old from saying the blessing before eating his meal. Perhaps the issue is that they don’t see that at home.

     I hear scholars and teachers talk about how pastors do not preach the name of Jesus and about the blood. They can’t believe that so many churches are in decline, it must be because they don’t preach Jesus. However that is how we train pastors. I just finished a paper where I was told to write about sin and atonement, but not from a Christological point of view. That’s right, seminary student, paper on sin and atonement, told to leave Jesus out because we are focusing on the Old Testament. The whole bible is about Jesus, it’s all about Jesus, if we taught that, then maybe churches would be full.

     People will say that the church needs to do this or that, but then complain when they try to raise funds. Statistics show that as an average people only tithe 4%. So here is my thought, before you bad mouth a church for a service they don’t provide that you think they should, first determine if you have given you tithe. Typical those that complain the loudest give the least, they have a spirit of entitlement.


No comments:

Post a Comment