Thursday, October 23, 2014

Every person needs a creed.




Every person needs a creed or statement of beliefs to fall back on, here is mine and a worksheet to help you develop your own. 

Personal Creed: Statement of Beliefs

            I am a disciple of Jesus of Nazareth. I believe in God in three parts, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. I believe all that is good is created by God. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that the Son was sent to be born of a virgin and to live and walk among us, in a sinless state. Jesus died on a cross, a sacrifice to the Father for our sins. I believe that after three days Jesus rose again and walked among us. That Jesus then ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the one who Jesus said the Father would send to comfort us, and so that we may do even greater things for the Father’s Kingdom. I believe that the Holy Spirit’s primary purpose is to create within the believer the boldness to testify about the Father and the Son. I believe that the greatest way that we will be known as a disciple of Jesus is that we share love on for another.
I will be an earthly representation of the Father to my children and community. I will represent the bride groom in my marriage. I seek to always be Jesus to all I come into contact with.
Denominations are a division created by man inside the church of Jesus, I believe in one congregation of the redeemed as the bride of Christ. I believe that it is the will of God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit that division inside the church be laid aside, for the discipleship of the nonbeliever.
I am a man of God placed upon the earth to be a servant for the Kingdom, to perform my tasks as instructed by the scripture and the Holy Spirit. This is so that the Father may be glorified through me his son, and that Jesus my Lord and Savior will be glorified and welcome in the family of God as a brother. As a servant of the Kingdom I will sacrifice selfish thoughts, desires, and beliefs and replace them with those of the spirit. As a servant of the Kingdom I will fight daily over the struggles of flesh until the time that Jesus greets me upon my death, giving me a heavenly body that will not have temptations of the flesh. I believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God. I believe my actions must daily prove that my heart’s desire is to glorify God through the loving attitude of a faithful servant!

Creed Development Worksheet

Who is God?

Who is God to me?

Who is Jesus?

Who is Jesus to me?

What beliefs will shape my daily actions?

Who does God want me to be to my family?

Who does God want me to be to my friends?

Who does God want me to be to my community?

What is my purpose here on earth?


1)      

No comments:

Post a Comment