Thursday, August 15, 2013

Abortion, Self-Idolatry





Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

As born again believers we are the prophets to the nation, commissioned by our Lord and Savior Jesus. If God knew us before we were formed, he knows the person and the spirit before it is born. Life begins at conception. I cannot imagine God’s horror.

Personal note:
I want children, I think of all the aborted kids and I cry. I was weeping and praying on day and asking God “what about all those children lost, all those workers for the kingdom, all those gifts and joy, lost worshippers”. God showed me children playing, He revealed to me, what Satan has meant for evil, He can use for good, while not His will, heaven has embraced the children, heaven is full of the laughter of all those children and their presence fills the kingdom.

But why do we allow this to continue, because we are a country of idol worship, it infests every aspect of our lives. If you have ever seen the movie “The Devil’s Advocate” at the end the devil says that vanity is his favorite sin. We are a nation of self-love individuals. Even in the Christian church it runs rampant, look around any church on Sunday, notice the fashion shows. Hear the people talk before and after service not about God or the work they witnessed for the kingdom, but about hair styles, clothes, cars, “got this one on sale”, ” I lost a few pounds”, “ how do you guys like my new phone”, and on and on.
We are a generation that cannot get out of its own way, “I want the enjoyment of sex, I want the sin of adultery, I want the fornication, but I don’t want the consequence of sin”, says the generation. This is why abortion exists. We sacrifice unborn children to the idol of self.
The people of Israel also had issues with idols, and with self-idolatry. In fact for their own benefit, they sacrificed their children to idols. Let’s take a look at what God has to say about that.

Ezekiel 16.20 (NIV)
“And you took your sons and daughters whom you bore to me and sacrificed them as food to the idols. Was your prostitution not enough? You slaughtered my children and sacrificed them to the idols. In all your detestable practices and your prostitution you did not remember the days of your youth, when you were naked and bare, kicking about in your blood. “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, declares the Sovereign Lord. In addition to all your other wickedness.”

Not only do we allow children to be offered up to idols, we forget those children belong to God, and we forget we were once just like them. Not only have we left he fold, but we take His children away. No one can argue that each of us started out just like the aborted babies. Conceived and growing in our mother’s womb, how dare we presume that our own wants and selfish justifications are worth the life of that child.
Please review this website: https://bound4life.com/

Prayer:
 “Jesus, I plead your blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion and send revival to America.”

No comments:

Post a Comment