Friday, December 11, 2015

A Baptist church too noisy??

See article here

While this seems a little extreme to me ........ It did get me thinking........I would ask why churches think they have to be as loud as possible. If it's about worship use voices not pumped up sound systems. More than once I have had to carry my son out. Churches have earplugs. Kids lay in floor with earplugs at one church we attend. I work in a factory and it's not as loud as most churches I have been in lately.

Damon Thompson says a Bentley isn't a sign of blessing because God doesn't bless a person of God in the same way a drug dealer can claim success. In other words we should not measure ourselves against the worlds standards. By the same thought pattern I say a church should not attempt to emulate the world to create worship. It's not a rock concert.

I wonder if this church had lost the big speakers and just raised their voices if this story would not have had a different ending.

Just my thoughts....




- MZG

No comments:

Post a Comment