Friday, October 2, 2015

I am definitely the 3rd string

I had a lady today tell me I couldn't be a pastor because my past disqualified me.

I started to point out perhaps she misread the scripture. Perhaps she imagined that Jesus could save me but not use me, that was just to much for Him to handle. Perhaps her southern baptist up bringing has placed doctrinal teaching in her mindset that aren't scriptural. I started to ask her if she would like to beat me with her KJV 1611 and set things right.

Instead I just smiled and thanked her for her opinion.

I admit I may be the third string. But if God wants me to in the game then 3 things I am sure of:

1) the first and second string players decided they weren't going in. So if your mad I get to play talk to them.

2) if your in the stands you are a spectator and don't really get to judge my qualifications.

3) the coach (God) said I was perfect thanks to his Son. His opinion is all that really matters.

Just saying.





- MZG

1 comment:

  1. Keep on just saying brother. At least the 3rd string has been strung around enough to truly know the truth of peoples dealings and feeling.

    ReplyDelete