Sunday, December 21, 2014

the next batch of screwed up people

Often I am reminded of a past that would disqualify me. I have years and years of my life that drink and pills have stolen. I don't know what happened for so many of them. I don't know what was said or done. I do know they were nothing to brag about. I know I was a liar, a violent person, unloving, and judgmental.

As I sit here at almost midnight typing on my phone after finishing reading 1 Corinthians chapter 1-5, it hit me what a past Paul had.

Yet here he is trying to right the ship for the church at Corinth. Acting as a father would. Having kids myself I want better for them than I was. I think God saves some of us from our past so in the future we can have the understanding for the next batch of screwed up people.

I can say that much like Paul the man I was is no more. Only what I do for God will matter. Only God matters.




- MZG

No comments:

Post a Comment