Saturday, July 13, 2013

2 powerful words

As I write this here on Saturday morning I find myself in awe. I got up as the sun rose and spent some time walking in prayer. (most would sit but I ache in the mornings and I move to distract from that).
I was walking and praying and I began to worship God and praise him for everything I saw. We then began to discuss heaven and how much more would be there. I realized we have a great gift before us. The God of all the universe created all we see. All the miracles we try to explain and understand. Why does grass grow? Where does the moon go in the mornings? Science is unraveling it and our greatest minds struggle to make sense of it all. BUT GOD spoke and it was. And he found it good. How blessed we are to walk in a world and in a creation He made and it was good.
Lets talk for a moment about the BUT GOD. No I didn't have the cap-lock on. One of the most inspiring 2 words ever are BUT GOD. Read Acts 13 and you will come along and find Paul teaching in a synagogue in Antioch. He is speaking and telling the history of Israel and then about Jesus. He tells of how Jesus was crucified and died. Then he talks of his burial.
Oh but praise be to God on high there is verse 30 "BUT GOD raised him from the dead." In those 2 words a story goes from a history lesson to a gospel.
BUT GOD raised him, and because of his resurrection we have a chance. A lot of people say Jesus died for us. He did. BUT GOD his father raised him up to that he could defeat the grave and guarantee our eternal life. Jesus went from a man who died, to the risen Son of God with 2 words BUT GOD.
Think of all the lives changed by those 2 words. I was a drunk, BUT GOD............ I was a drug addict BUT GOD.........
If you cannot relate or do not have a BUT GOD moment then all that is needed is faith in God through belief in his son Jesus. Call upon him and believe and you too can say BUT GOD....................!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment